More paperless ideas. You or your students can create online crossword puzzles. Using Crossword Labs you can create a puzzle and then share the link. Crossword Labs was built by Matt Johnson, a computer science undergrad at Washington State University, Vancouver.
I created one for you to complete or view, Film and Robotics Command Terms.
You can paste your word with the clues or type them in. Enter the word, a space, and then the clue. One word/clue pair per line. Add a password so you can edit and/or access the answer sheet later.
Instructions Solving a crossword online:
- Click a cell on the crossword grid, or click a clue
- Click twice on a cell to toggle between across and down
- The active cell is highlighted in blue
- Start typing in the word
- Hit enter when you are done typing in the word
- The word will turn green or red if you got it right or wrong
- You can use the tab and shift-tab keys to move around the crossword
My crossword looks cutoff when I view it online.
Scroll down. The clues appear on top of the crossword, so if your crossword is big, you need to scroll down to see the rest of it.
Does Crossword Labs work on the iPad?
The iPad ships with a less-than-stellar web browser that doesn’t support many of the features that Crossword Labs uses. However, Crossword Labs is usable on the iPad (but the experience isn’t as good as viewing it in a modern web browser).